Breaking down the ingredients:
- L-ascorbic acid is known as the purest form of Vitamin C and stimulates collagen production while brightening and providing anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Silymarin is a powerful antioxidant known to effectively reduce oil production in the skin, while providing an elegant texture.
- Dr. Sheldon Pinnell, the founder of Skinceuticals, patented his research related to silymarin in skincare in 2003. The team has, since, utilized his research to perfect the formula.
- Ferulic acid stabilizes Vitamin C and enhances results of L-ascorbic acid.
- Salicylic acid helps clear blemishes while preventing future breakouts.
Keep in mind, although the label says “Salicylic acid acne treatment,” this is not an acne treatment. Because salicylic acid is considered a drug, FDA guidelines require such a statement to be made on the packaging, but rest assured, this is an antioxidant serum and not an acne treatment.
How to use Silymarin CF:
- After toning the skin, apply 4-5 drops of Silymarin CF into the palm of your hand, or directly to the face without allowing the dropper to touch the skin.
- Using fingertips, tap in serum until fully absorbed.
- Follow up with the Correct step of your routine.
Suggested oily skin and anti-acne routine:
- Cleanse: Skinceuticals LHA Cleanse
- Tone: Skinceuticals LHA Solution
- Prevent: Skinceuticals Silymarin CF
- Correct: Skinceuticals Blemish + Age Defense
- Moisturize: Skinceuticals Daily Moisture or Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel
- Protect (A.M.): Skinceuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF50
To learn more about our antioxidant serums, chat with one of our esteemed estheticians to see which Skinceuticals antioxidant is right for you.
Learn about protecting your skin from UV rays here.