Other than knowing how amazing a massage makes you feel afterwards, what else does a massage do other than relieving tension and pain in your aching muscles?
Getting a massage actually benefits you way more than you think. Did you know a one hour massage has the same benefits as 7 hours of a good night's sleep? Getting a massage benefits you physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Here is a list of the many benefits that one receives with regular massage therapy:
- Improves blood pressure
- Reduces chronic pain
- Breaks up scar tissue
- Relieving mental fatigue
- Boosts immune system
- Reducing anxiety, stress, and tension
- Helps fibromyalgia pain
- Relieves tension headaches
- Decreases stress in cancer patients
- Encourages healthy blood flow
- Increases range of motion
- Decreases rheumatoid arthritis
- Improves sleep
- Improves balance
- Reduces heart rate
- Speeds recovery from injury
- Stimulates the release of endorphins
- Reduces swelling
- Improves posture
- Stretches connective tissue
Don’t hesitate to relax the mind and body and come as you are.