For the healthiest skin and to maintain a glow, exfoliation is your answer. Your skin naturally sheds dead cells, but they don’t necessarily leave your skin right away. Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and improve the overall texture and appearance of your skin.
Do I Really Need to Exfoliate?
- Remove the Dead Skin Cells: Help your skin look brighter and smoother by removing the dead skin cells that have not shed from your skin.
- Reduce Acne & Breakouts: By unclogging your pores, exfoliating can help reduce acne and breakouts.
- Improve Your Skin Texture: Along with brighter and smoother skin you can improve the texture of it by making it feel soft.
- Help Your Skincare Products Work to Full Potential: When you are taking the time to use great products, you want to add exfoliating to your skin care routine so all the other products you are using work to their full potential. Additionally, we can add self-tanner to the list of products that will work better if you exfoliate prior to use. You should always exfoliate before using self-tanner.
- Stimulate Blood Circulation: Exfoliating can help stimulate blood circulation, which adds to your skin’s healthy glow.
- Prevent Ingrown Hairs: Exfoliating can help prevent ingrown hairs by removing dead skin cells that can clog hair follicles.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: If nothing else convinces you, listen to the magic words... Anti-Aging... YES exfoliating helps the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by promoting cell turnover and collagen production.
- **Bonus** Don’t forget to exfoliate your scalp. Check out our scalp blog.
Not Every Exfoliant is for Every Skin Type
Make sure you consult with your esthetician for the best exfoliator for your face. Most scalp and body scrubs can be used for everyone.
Have more questions? Book a consultation or a facial with an esthetician at our RTP or Downtown Durham location.
Bella Trio is a full-service salon in Durham, North Carolina. If you are looking for a new hair stylist, esthetician, or massage therapist, we have personalities to connect with everyone. Browse all our provider profiles and check out our latest work on Instagram.
Contact E-mail email@example.com for product information. All links are non-affiliate.