Winter hand-care is of utmost importance to keep up a polished appearance. Our hands get drier and sometimes get to the point of cracking. Ursula, our nail technician at Bella Trio American Tobacco Campus, has a few tips to help you get through the winter rut.
5 Wonderful Ways to Care for Your Winter Hands!
- Exfoliate on a weekly basis with a FarmHouse Fresh Body Scrub or Face Polish. Either of these scrubs are suitable and gentle enough for hand use.
- Always follow up washing your hands with a hand moisturizer. We love the Hempz Pure Herbal Extracts Original Body Nourishing Moisturizer. Keep a large bottle by your sink and a mini travel size in your purse or pocket. Having it handy will remind you to moisturize every time you wash your hands.
- When washing dishes, use rubber gloves! Dish soap is, especially, harsh on the skin because of its ability to cut grease. Cutting grease on your dishes is great, but our hands say, “no, thank you.”
- Spruce up your hand sanitizer! With COVID in tow, we’re always pumping out the hand sanitizer. It’s great for killing germs, but horrible for our biggest organ: our skin. Something that can be very helpful is using a small amount of pantry oil (grapeseed, avocado, or extra virgin olive oil are the best ones to use) and add it to your hand sanitizer. You can also add a little bit of aloe gel to keep your hands hydrated.
- Paraffin treatments with your weekly advanced manicures! Paraffin is a great way to keep your skin moisturized, especially after a manicure treatment. The warmth from the paraffin helps moisturizer penetrate deeper into the skin and allows for a long-lasting moisturizing effect. Your skin is left baby soft and you, utterly relaxed.